Experienced Business Immigration Attorney
Global Immigration Associates, P.C. is a medium-sized independent law firm based in Chicago, Illinois focusing on employment-based visas for companies, their foreign national employees and candidates, and their families. We believe that immigrants are a critical piece of the nation’s future, and we are proud to play a key role in helping our clients and their employees find paths to success in the US. We work exclusively with the customers of Envoy Global (www.envoyglobal.com) using its best-in-breed technology platform
This role will be required to interact with coworkers at all levels of our firm, as well as with corporate clients, foreign nationals, and colleagues. Attorneys and paralegal staff enjoy a fun, fast paced work environment, and gain exposure to a wide array of employment-based visa types in a high-volume environment where their work makes a difference. Work from home possibility for the right out of state candidate. You would be required to come to the Chicago office for three weeks of training, expenses paid, and travel to Chicago office for shorter period a few times a year. Company laptop provided.
Essential Job Functions:
- Counsel and prepare immigrant and non-immigrant visas for major domestic and multinational corporations and their employees using a web-based client/FN portal
- Review and proofread complex evidence and case documents
- Track, monitor, and log all evidence and documents for client cases
- Create, compile, and prepare all documentation for filing
- Draft and edit client Letters of Support for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) and Department of Labor (DOL)
- Proactively research new legislation and legal changes in immigration law
- Prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage case deadlines for multiple clients
- Assist with additional administrative and clerical duties as necessary
- Visa types we work on include H-1B, L-1A/B, TN, EB-1/2/3, H-1B1, dependent and derivative cases, advance parole and work authorizations, AOS, and all phases of the employment-based Green Card process.
- JD and current valid license in any US state
- Passion for immigration law and a desire to work with employers on employment-based non-immigrant and immigrant petitions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; English grammar must be excellent
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume law firm setting
- Ability to work on daily tasks independently, proactively, and with minimal supervision
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience with all phases of major employment-based visa types required.
- Working knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe, and other business software applications
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 25%) to client sites across the US
- Requires the ability to sit or stand for extended periods at a computer workstation, use a computer and monitor, and lift up to 25 lbs.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, as well as an open and supportive culture for all our people. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote the most qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status, or pregnancy.
Job Type: Full-time
Resumes to: email@example.com